Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Amazing Heroines




Do you have a favorite movie heroine that’s a kick ass woman? My husband and I went to see Atomic Blonde. They say she is probably the female 007. 

Then, I started thinking about some of the strong heroines that I liked. Since my favorite movies are Sci-Fi, I listed some of my heroines that I really liked the best. 

Ripley


Leia Organa
Sarah Connor
                    


River Tam
Zoe

           







Katniss

Tris
                                         


                

                                                              
Black Widow
                                               
                                                                 






If you recognize these amazing women who are kick ass heroines who can shoot and stab their way through their adversaries, then you must enjoy the sci-fi movies too. I like the women that recognize their own femininity, yet are capable of becoming a full-on warrior to survive as a walking-weapon (Wonder Woman), and actually take control of a situation. There’s a diversity of awesome women in all genres, not only in movies, but in books.


When I was in middle school, I checked out a book from the library titled, Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I was enthralled with the character, Scarlett O’Hara. A spoiled, self-centered brat learned to claw her way out of poverty, meeting war, famine, and heartbreak head-on – to survive, she fought hard and long. To this day, she’s still one of my favorite heroines.    


Oh, right back to Atomic Blonde, a cold war spy thriller. I have to admit, I didn’t like the character, Lorraine Broughton. I’m not really sure why. I’m still mulling that over. Yes, Charlize Theron did a great acting job and ballet choreographing fights, but there was something about her character I had a problem with – not sure what yet. Yes, the character is complex. She has a mission to complete causing her to be a fighting machine (lots of fighting). Now, I really liked her character in Mad Max, and thought she actually made the movie worth watching in Snow White and the Huntsman, or is it just Huntsman. Of course Chris Hemsworth wasn’t hard to watch.


Do you have a favorite bad-ass heroine that’s beautiful, tough, and a force of nature to recon with? Movie? Book?      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing Tips










________________

Add this to your site